Celebrate the 10th year of this classic Reston event!
Be AMYazing! Reston Youth Triathlon
Open to ages 6 to 15
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT IF REGISTERED BY 2/15/2020
2020 Event is May 10, 2020 – Event starts at 8 am
Athletes will swim in the HEATED Ridge Heights pool, bike near South Lakes High School, and run on Reston Association paths, finishing at the South Lakes High School stadium.
Course Distance and Information:
*Age group follows USAT guidelines and is based on age on December 31, 2020
Don’t forget you have to bring your helmet to Packet Picket for inspection!
- Participants will be seeded in their age group based on the swim time they entered for 50 meters at registration.
- Participants will be able to update their own swim seed time until Sunday, May 5th.
- Participants are assigned bib numbers based on their age group and estimated swim times.
- Your bib number is your order in the swim start. If you miss your swim start time, you will go to the end of the line.
- We highly recommend you get out on the courses to become familiar with them.
- We will send notification when the Ridge Heights pool will open or visit Reston Association for a schedule.
- Bikers must obey all traffic rules/laws and race official instructions. Roads will not be closed to vehicular traffic; a portion of a lane will be cordoned off for bikers.
- Police and volunteers will be placed in multiple areas to help direct race traffic.
- The run portion will be entirely on Reston Paths, there will be volunteers along the course directing the participants.
- No flotation devices will be allowed. Training wheels are allowed. Parents are not allowed in the transition areas.
- There will be volunteers to help any participant. All athletes must have an approved helmet with the chin strap fastened before entering the bike course. Bike checks are no longer a requirement, but they are highly recommended. Bike Helmet checks are mandatory and performed at race packet pickup.
- Inspections will not be done Sunday Morning.
- All waivers MUST be signed by legal guardian for each participant in the race.
- The participant does not need to be at race packet pickup but the racer's helmet must be inspected at packet pickup.
- No substitutions, refunds or registration transfers are allowed. False entry under another person’s name is an automatic lifetime ban from the Reston Youth Triathlon.
- It is the responsibility of the guardian and participant to be familiar with the courses.
- No parking on Ridge Heights. No parking in the lower level SLHS parking area – that is the bike/run transition. Volunteers park in visitor/teacher lot. Participants park only in the west side parking lot – parking will be limited so please try and carpool. Overflow parking can be at South Lakes shopping center.
Race Packet Pick-up Information:
- Packet Pickup is Saturday, May 09 from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm at South Lakes High School West entrance. Packets must be picked up on this day.
- The participant(s) does not need to be at race packet pickup, but is encouraged to attend.
- The participant's helmet must be inspected at race packet pickup.