USA Triathlon Membership*
WARNING: READ CAREFULLY. THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS AND DEPRIVES YOU OF THE RIGHT TO SUE USA TRIATHLON AND OTHER PARTIES. DO NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ IT IN ITS ENTIRETY. SEEK THE ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ITS EFFECT.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY,
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
IN CONSIDERATION of USA Triathlon (“USAT”) allowing me to participate in any USAT sanctioned event (the “Event” or “Events”) as either a member of USAT or through the issuance of a single event license or permit; I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”).
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (ii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event.
2. I understand and acknowledge the physical and mental rigors associated with triathlon, duathlon, or other multi-sport events, and realize that running, bicycling, swimming and other portions of such Events are inherently dangerous and represent an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. I understand that participation involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; accidents, contact or collision with other participants, spectators, vehicles or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course conditions; water, road and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined risks and dangers which may not be readily foreseeable or are presently unknown (“Risks”). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the acts, inaction or negligence of the Released Parties defined below, and I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in the Event.
3. I agree to be familiar with and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event, including but not limited to the Competitive Rules adopted by USAT and the Guide to Prohibited Substances and Prohibited Methods of Doping adopted by the United States Anti-Doping Agency. I also accept sole responsibility for my own conduct and actions while participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of my equipment.
4. I hereby Release, Waive and Covenant Not to Sue, and further agree to Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless the following parties: USAT, the Event Owners, Organizers and Promoters, Race Directors, other participants in the sanctioned event, Sponsors, Advertisers, Host Cities, United States Olympic Committee (USOC), Local Organizing Committees, Venues and Property Owners upon which the Event takes place, Law Enforcement Agencies and other Public Entities providing support for the Event, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and Collectively, the “Released Parties” or “Event Organizers”), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys fees) of any kind or nature (“Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liability which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
5. All matters contained within this waiver shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Colorado.
I hereby warrant that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of the minor, my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement freely and voluntarily, without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Parental Consent (required if the participant is less than 18 years of age)
As the Parent and/or Legal Guardian to the minor identified above, I hereby accept and agree to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement on behalf of the minor in connection with the minor’s participation in the Event(s). If, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on the minor’s behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liabilities which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
2022 RESTON ASSOCIATION WAIVER
For VIRTUAL Reston Sprint Triathlon
I hereby voluntarily register for the VIRTUAL Reston Sprint Triathlon to be held between June 5 and June 30, 2022. I understand and acknowledge that the 2022 VIRTUAL Reston Sprint Triathlon (“Activity”) is sponsored and promoted by The CORE Foundation.
I hereby assume all risk and agree to accept full responsibility and liability for any damages or bodily injuries I or any of my dependents may cause, sustain, or suffer arising out of participation in the above-referenced Activity, including any such damages or bodily injuries occurring during, resulting from, or related to any travel to or from the Activity.
I hereby agree to be fully liable for and I hereby agree to waive and release on behalf of myself and my heirs, successors and assigns, the 2022 VIRTUAL Reston Sprint Triathlon and/or Reston Association, its Board of Directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, and members from any and all injuries, bodily injuries, costs, damages, causes of action, claims and any consequential and incidental damages arising out of or resulting from any injury, death, or damage to property which I or my dependent may sustain, suffer, or cause as a result of my participation in the above-referenced Activity, including any such injuries, costs, damages, causes of action, claims and any consequential and incidental damages occurring during, resulting from, or related to any travel to or from the Activity.
I further agree to indemnify, reimburse, and forever hold harmless the 2022 VIRTUAL Reston Sprint Triathlon and/or Reston Association, its Board of Directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, and members from any and all injuries, bodily injury, costs, damages, causes of action, claims and any consequential and incidental damages, including attorneys fees, arising out of or resulting from any injury, death, or damage to property which I or my dependent may sustain, suffer or cause as a result of participation in this Activity, including any such injuries, costs, damages, causes of action, claims and any consequential and incidental damages occurring during, resulting from, or related to any travel to or from the Activity.
I am aware of the risks associated with participation in this Activity and hereby accept and assume on behalf of myself or dependent full responsibility for any and all such risks, including, without limitation, the need to check with a physician before engaging in this Activity, including any physical activity associated with this Activity. I understand that participation in this Activity may involve activities where injury can occur and shall be undertaken at my sole risk and expense. I hereby certify that I am physically fit and have not been otherwise informed by a physician. I understand that Reston Association does not employ physicians and that its staff cannot and do not diagnose medical problems.
I further represent that I or my dependent currently have and carry health insurance and agree that any claim for medical treatment or other purposes shall be made against such health insurance and that my own or dependent’s own personal health insurance shall be primary insurance and the primary source of health insurance coverage in the event that I or my dependent sustain or suffer any bodily injury or medical crisis which participating in this Activity.
I acknowledge that I have read and voluntarily agree to the terms of this Indemnification and Waiver. If any portion of this Indemnification and Waiver shall be held invalid for any reason under the laws of the United States, Virginia, or Fairfax County, those parts that are not held invalid shall continue in full force and effect.
In addition, I promise to abide by the rules and regulations adherent to this activity or event and to exercise care and caution for my personal safety and that of my fellow participants. I understand further that Reston’s pathways may have irregularities and I have familiarized myself with these conditions.
WAIVER: I, the undersigned participant (and my parent or guardian if I am younger than 18 years of age), intending to be legally bound, do hereby forever release and waive any and all rights, claims, and actions for damages that we, our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns may have, or that may hereafter accrue against any and all persons, organizations, and other entities associated with the event, including, but not limited to Race Entry, CORE Foundation, USA Track and Field, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, Reston Sprint Tri Virtual, and individual Reston Sprint Tri Virtual organizers, arising out of or in connection with my involvement before, during, or after the event.
I verify that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event and I assume the risks involved in this activity. I further attest that I will be mindful of traffic along the race course, and hold said sponsors and organizers blameless in any harm that may happen.
I also acknowledge understanding that the charge to my card will show up as Race Entry. I acknowledge that the online processing fees and charitable donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that any charitable donations will have 4.97% withheld from the donation to pay credit card and administrative costs.
Race Entry and its partner CORE Foundation shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loses. Race Entry and its partner CORE Foundation does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in, or provided in conjunction with the http://www.raceentry.com website. Race Entry and its partner CORE Foundation is not responsible for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for the results obtained from this information.
Race Entry and its partner CORE Foundation facilitates registration for various events, some of which allow participants under the age of thirteen (13). We require a submission of birth date for all registration entries. For children under the age of thirteen (13), parental or guardian consent is required.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, USA, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Race Entry and its partner CORE Foundation relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of Utah, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in conjunction with any such dispute including any claim involving Race Entry and its partner CORE Foundation.