Reston Splash and Dash
Join us on 08/16/2021(race date estimated)
Reston Splash and Dash Race Description
Open to athletes ages 6-15
Take advantage of EARLY REGISTRATION of $25
Sunday, August 16, 2020 – Starts at 8:30 am
CORE Foundation is proud to present the 3rd annual Reston Youth Superhero Splash and Dash featuring a swim-run-fun format for kids ages 6-15. This family friendly event will offer a challenge to an experienced athlete but also will appeal to those wanting to “get their feet wet” in triathlon. The pool swim will take place at the beautiful Lake Audubon Pool overlooking the lake. The run course will be on the adjacent section of the beautiful Reston Paths.
The event will focus on participation rather than competition and making every athlete feel like a superhero. All participants will receive a medal, bag of goodies and swag and many high fives from our volunteers. At the conclusion of the race, athletes can enjoy snow cones courtesy of KONA Ice, yummy finish line snacks by BARE Snacks, and more. Volunteers will be dressed like super heros as we want every child to leave feeling like one!
This event is USA Triathlon sanctioned and is made possible through a partnership with the Reston Association and other wonderful community sponsors.
Athletes will optionally have the opportunity to give an additional donation or fundraise as part of our “Race with Purpose: CORE Cares” program. “CORE Cares” raises funds to assist underserved youth in our community providing these kids with opportunities that they would not otherwise have. CORE Foundation believes that every child should have the chance to cross the finish line and feel like a rock star and funds used will help off financial aid to other low-income kids in the community enabling them to participate in the Splash and Dash. “CORE Cares” participants can raise money by asking friends and family for donations, running a summer lemonade stand, or even selling toys at a yard sale. Fundraisers raising $100 or more will receive a V.I.P. packet-pick up and special prize goodies.
Start your fundraiser and “Race with Purpose here.
Take advantage of early registration of $25 until 6/7/20. After 6/8, 2020 the event cost will be $30. $10 USAT annual membership fee (unless your child is a already a member) is required.
Course Distance and Information:
*Age group is based on age on race day.
- Participants will be seeded in their age group based on the swim time they entered for 50 meters at registration.
- Participants will be able to update their own swim seed time until Sunday, August 4th.
- Participants are assigned bib numbers based on their age group and estimated swim times.
- Your bib number is your order in the swim start. If you miss your swim start time, you will go to the end of the line.
- The run portion will be entirely on Reston Paths, there will be volunteers along the course cheering and directing the participants.
- Flotation devices will be allowed but those swimmers if prior approval is obtained. If your child will use a device or has swimming anxiety or a special need, please note that in the comments section at registration or reach out to us at email@example.com. We are here to help your child have a great experience.
- Parents are not allowed in the transition areas.
- There will be volunteers to help any participant.
- All waivers MUST be signed by legal guardian for each participant in the race.
- The participant does not need to be at race packet pickup.
- No substitutions, refunds or registration transfers are allowed.
- It is the responsibility of the guardian and participant to be familiar with the courses.
- This event is participatory and not timed. Every child will receive a medal.
PACKET PICK-UP: Pick up your child's swag bag and registration info on Saturday, August 15th at Lake Audubon Pool from 12-3. You'll have a chance to review maps and chat with the Race Director during packet pick-up. We hope to make this a FUN and stress free experience for our parents and athletes. We will also allow for a small number of prearranged pick-ups on Sunday morning.
SHOE DRIVE: We will be collecting your used athletic shoes at the packet-pickup and on event day to be recycled in memory of one of our CORE Foundation volunteers, Ed Troha. He noticed last year that some of our participants shoes were too small and was passionate about helping those kids. CORE will receive a $1 per pair of recycled shoes to help those in need.
- Location: Reston, VA 20191
- Race Date: 2020/08/16 08:30:00 AM (Sunday)
- Reston Superhero Splash and Dash